News.admin.announce is a forum for important announcements for news administrators. It is a moderated forum, watched over by a team of moderators for added speed. Possible topics for messages include announcements regarding news transport or browsing software, Frequently Asked Questions lists, announcements of new EMP cancellers, announcements of new cancellation criteria, reports that directly relate to the future of Usenet, reports on legal issues that directly affect news administrators such as the Communications Decency Act, and so forth.
News.admin.announce is moderated by a team of moderators. The moderators will approve any message that they feel fits the following criteria:
- The message is an announcement that the moderators feel is important for most or all news administrators.
- The message is formatted for 78 or fewer characters per line, and is easily human readable.
- The message is not a binary, nor will it break standard Usenet readers.
- Followups for the message are set appropriately.
Unapproved posts will be cancelled. At any time, moderators can be added or removed by a majority vote of the then-current moderators.
The news.admin.net-abuse.* hierarchy is for discussion of abuse of Usenet and/or the Internet; it is not for discussion of abuse of groups or individuals on such networks, such as flames, personal attacks, or off- topic messages.
Binaries are specifically prohibited from all groups in the news.admin.* hierarchy, except as examples of other abuse. All messages removed by unauthorized cancels in the hierarchy will be automatically reposted by Dave the Resurrector or a similar program, at the discretion of the group moderator or, for the unmoderated groups, the operator of the resurrector program. Spams, gateway spews, and other attacks on the system itself will be removed as appropriate, following standard Usenet guidelines.
MODERATOR INFO: news.admin.announce
- Moderator: Brian Edmonds
- Moderator: Tim Skirvin
- Moderator: Dave Sill
- Administrative Contact Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Article Submission Address: email@example.com